Sunday, June 24, 2007

Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience

I have been thinking about how to be happy in my life for a long time as this question is the life time problem for the rest of the world. Could I be happy if I become rich? have high social status? or wonderful family with beautiful wife? Through the course of thinking, I can say that these kind of material, visuable things could not make me happy.

My answer to the question is that only when we do what we love to do and enjoy. Success is also the result of this way of life. Anyone who do what they enjoy can be happy. But not all of them achieve success in terms of material world. People just think that people with bunch of visuable things did success. When they say so, they only concern about the success in society. But we can't say that a person is successful if s/he think they are not happy.

My definition of success is the same as being happy. How to be happy and successful at the same time then? The book 'Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience' answers to this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment