Tuesday, March 11, 2008

CPAN surfing

Even my favorite programming language is PERL,
I usually didn't search CPAN, a sea of PERL module,
for my work.

When I got back from the 'Agile Bio- and Chem- software
development training course', I changed my mind to
use those usuful modules as many as possible
to improve my daily life !

The first step to use CPAN module is , of course, to
access it. Perl community provides easy way of accessing
CPAN as a module, CPAN.pm

To run CPAN.pm in shell mode,

>perl -MCPAN -e shell

If it's the first time to use it, you need to answer lots of questions.
If you done it, then you can use it to download CPAN module of
your interest.

If you want to install WWW::Robot module, just type it as below

> install WWW::Robot

That's all you have to do to install the CPAN module. Very simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment